Sunday, July 27, 2008

favorite kids

ok i have to say one thing before i actually start to type about fav. kids. In love with a girl by Gavin Degraw is my favorite song every!! ok so i read a comment the melissa wrote and she something like she isnt a favorite kid. well that makes me wonder. i mean i know that the parents like some kids more than others. but does that mean that they will treat them that differently. i have to admit that i do feel like i get put down the most out of the kids that live in the house (not including bryan because he is only here during the summer usually). now your probably thinking well she only thinks that because she is a teenager. but i am serious i really dont ever see jessica or elizabeth getting put down. now i am not saying that they don't love me. i know that they do.

i'm sorry i am always thinking so negative on my blog. im not really a positive upbeat person...i wish i was. maybe i am upbeat in person i don't know. i just don't ever feel upbeat in my head... i will try to feel more upbeat though

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I think that it is impossible for parents to treat each child equally--especially with as many kids as are in our family. I just feel that I am excluded from a lot of stuff that other kids aren't and that I don't get thought of as much. I do feel like I am on the bottom of the barrel due to some choices I have made in my life. I am not ashamed of my choices, other people are. While I don't need to be a 'favored' kid, it does hurt a little to be so little thought of (except when they think about me being a Mormon...then they just mourn for me). I am used to it though and I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does.
I love you...and of all the kids living at home, you are the best with my kids and they absolutely adore you. Love you!
I remember when you used to sleep in Jennifer's bed with her...it was so cute and sweet. She was definetly your 'favorite' sister and she favored you right back!

Unknown said...

I think that everyone goes through what you're feeling right now. And the truth of the matter is that you aren't the favorite. Neither am I. Or Melissa, Jennifer or any of the other kids. I used to think there were favorites on our family, but now I feel like we're all on the same level in the parent's eyes...and I don't think it's the top level by any means! It might be hard, but you eventually have to accept that we (meaning the kids, your brother's and sister's), need to support each other regardless of anyone's opinion of us. I love you, and as siblings we are an amazing family. Just keep that in mind. You have so many brothers and sisters who love and support you.

Jennifer said...

I don't think the parents (either set of them) have favorites. Well, maybe Hershey. I think that they do love all of us equally, just in different ways. I think we also need to be receptive of that love and not push it away when it's offered.
I love you Amanda!

Melissa said...

We are going to miss you too. I don't know how long we will be living with Heath's parents, but when we settle down in our own place, we will have you up to visit.
Love you!