Friday, June 27, 2008

what does it really mean?

forgive and forget. it is so plain and simple. but what i want to know is why can't people forgive? i mean they can say they forgive you, but you know that they dont really forgive you. you know that they still have that anger at you. you know that noone ever really forgets. why cant people forgive? why cant people believe that people can change? is it when they show a real improvement that then people might believe that that person can change? when someone makes a mistake does anyone every really trust them not to make that mistake again? do they ever trust them again just in general? if you cross somebody so badly and then cross them again is there any chance of forgivness if that person really wants it? can someone really claim to be a godly person but yet they cant forgive? isnt god about loving thy neighbor and forgiving thoughs who have crossed you and believing that people can change?......forget your mistakes but remember what they have taught you....yes this is a very weird post...i just couldnt get these thought out of my head though.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think that some people just can't get over some things. I try really hard to forgive...but sometimes I can't forget. I don't think we have to actually forget, but we do learn from either our mistake or others. Sometimes we can't forget because we need that experience for the future. I try to forget by not 'holding it against' somebody but it isn't always easy!

Jennifer said...

Forgetting is a near-impossibility unfortunately. I think I'm fairly good at forgiving, or at least of not holding a grudge. It just takes too much energy.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

you gots smart sisters!...and I agree with them...I tend to think that we have to be ready to forgive even before anything happens...just like the word...you "fore" give...because we are all just humans and because of that...we upset others with something we do or say or misunderstand...I think "for"giveness is understanding that somebody will eventually hurt your feelings or say/do something that makes you mad...but I betcha...they don't ever do it on purpose..we jus' human! I think the "forget" part means that you "forget" to hold a grudge or try to make that person "pay" for their mistake...sometimes that is a hard one for people...just try to remember that people don't generally "try" to do something to hurt you...chalk it up to they made a boo-boo...LOL.